Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Last Chapter


Today we saw
the faces of our children.

they were beautiful

they were perfect

I woke up this morning
to feel them both kicking.
Playing games.

they tapped in unison

1 – 2 – 3 – 4

for Saskia & Arne


Saskia & Arne

were born Tuesday
28 February 2012

We held them
as long as we could

and then we said
our farewells.

They are in the arms of angels now
keeping watch over us.

This chapter of our lives has ended
and we don’t know where the story will pick up again.

We don’t know when we will feel alive again.

Maybe the coming Spring will warm our hearts.
Maybe it will come with Christmas,
when it’s time to celebrate the birth
of another Child.
the One that will help us through this agony

-------------------------------

I am turning off my computer after sending this
and will step away for a while.
I don’t know when we will be able
to pick up the phone again, answer the door.

Do not worry.

We know you are with us.
Thinking about us.
That once again you have surrounded us
with love and prayers.

We feel it and thank you.

4 comments:

  1. My heart breaks with yours dear friends. Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jovita and Axel. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know there's nothing I can say to make it even a little easier, but know that you are lifted up. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jovita and Axel, If thoughts could be arms they would wrap around the world to reach you and hold you close. I, like so many others, have loved you and rejoiced with you and now wish we could just carry you. I am so sorry with you both. Love Jill T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop thinking and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete