This is definitely a sight I miss. Axel too. In fact any mountain would be welcome. We live in a very flat countryside here and we miss mountains. Last year we stayed in a B&B, one of the rooms looked out toward Mount x (sorry I can't remember the name of it) ... I just about exploded in laughter! It was a high, not even an ant hill or a mole hill, almost just a bit of dirt kicked together. What a bummer.
One of the houses we looked was very near to the Vlaamse Ardennen. Gorgeous, rolling countryside. But no mountains. Axel's been lucky to travel to Switzerland a few times over the last couple of years.
But this Northwest girl? Nope, not a mountain in sight. Unless you count momma's ironing pile. It's the only reference we hear to Mount Rainier in this house, because from floor to summit, it climbs faster than even Mount Rainier. Oh well, someday I will even manage to conquer that.
So why this sudden interest in Mount Rainier, so early on a Sunday Morning. Well you can guess my excitement when I woke up and found that my son had already been there! With Godfather Jacob!
![]() |
| Flat Finn's first Mt. Rainier adventure. |
Ah, this pic really made me well up and realise that I am missing so many things from "home." Mountains, of course! Evergreen trees, long twisty drives and so many very good friends. I love that Jacob writes "first," because I am sure it will not be his last. I am already looking forward to him introducing Finn to this beautiful mountain. I envision a few camping trips in their future!
I have no doubt that this gorgeous but rather typical pic of Mount Rainier is the inspiration behind our desire to nurture a wild flower meadow at our new home.
More about that soon!
(p.s. The house in Herzele fell through. But our new house is surrounded by forest and I think there might be some evergreens in there
... are you holding your breath with me?)


No comments:
Post a Comment